Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One bloody night.



It was 10 minutes to midnight. My belly didn't feel right. I tried to sleep but failed. I rubbed on some Vicks and chewed a couple of Actal. Then I forced myself to sleep. It was successful. But not for long.

All of a sudden I woke up from sleep as my stomach felt worse. I couldn't lie down straight so I sat on my bed thinking what I was supposed to do. I took another couple of Actal and I felt like vomiting.

“Oh no, not again…”

I heaved a deep sigh. It was painful. It hurt like hell. I couldn't lie down, I couldn't sit properly and I was too weak to stand on my feet.

I heard someone was in the toilet. I felt relieved. Could be my housemate, taking Wudhu' for Subuh. I was thinking I could go to the clinic at 9am. So I had like three hours to wait for the clinic to open (eventhough 3 minutes was just too painful to bear with). Just to ensure, I grabbed my phone near me to check what time it was.

1.01am.

Holy shit!

I believed I was having hallucination. So I closed my eyes for a few seconds and glanced through my phone screen one more time.

Still 1.01am.

It was terribly excruciating. I tried to fall asleep yet I couldn't stop moaning. And burping.

I was having gastric, bloated stomach and period pain at the same time.

I wished Kak Raina was here so that I could drag her to accompany me to the clinic. My other housemates had already reached the dreamland. Thinking they have midterm in the morning, I didn't have the heart to wake them up.

After struggling for half an hour, I jumped off from the bed and changed my clothes. I couldn't wait for more. I almost cried because of the pain.

Around 1.45am, I drove to a clinic. Alone. In my car, I continued to moan and groan. When I was on my way to Dengkil, I wanted to vomit and I needed to go to the toilet really really bad. Without making a wise decision, I stopped at my office and rushed to the toilet. I was alone and the building looked kinda creepy, yet I didn't have any choice.

I couldn't stop thinking about horror movies..

You know, when you're alone in the toilet. After you're done doing so-called ‘business', you need to wash your hands and you've no choice but to stare at the huge long mirror. Ya, I did see someone in the mirror. It was my own pale face.

Then I continued my way to Dengkil. Godd, it was so dark when I passed by the Chinese cemetery. I am not gifted. I don't have the ability to see dead people crossing the road.

I wanted to go to my favourite clinic but it was closed. Previously it was a 24 hours clinic. I guess the doctor earned more than enough already. Since I couldn't think straight as I was busy dealing with the pain, I drove straight away to another clinic which on my last visit, the doctor gave me Ponstan although he was told I'm allergic to it. Bloody hell. He managed to turn me into an alien. So I kind of made a vow I wouldn't even come to his clinic again.

So I broke the vow. Health comes first in this sense, right?

“I think my stomach is bloated. I couldn't sleep,” I told the doctor.

“Do you have gastric?”

“I do.”

“What did you eat today?”

“Err..”

“Variety of food?”

I shook my head. “I didn't really eat today..” (I only took my breakfast.)

“Okay. No more diet. Later on you go back and take a cup of Horlicks. You can buy at Mamak nearby.”

“K. I'm allergic to Ponstan,” I reminded the doctor so that I wouldn't have to turn into an alien with a bloated stomach. God, that sounds incredibly ugly.

“Ya, ya. Do you need an injection?”

“No. Can give me MC for today?”

“Sure.”

The doctor gave me 7 tablets on the spot. Two of them I had to chew. The rest I swallowed at one go.

On my way back home, I motivated myself since I already felt drowsy and I was alone. I need to stay put so I talked crap to myself...

“I love cars..”
“I love motorcycles..”
“I love machines..”
“I love lights..”
“I love living things..”
“I love tyres..”


Then a lorry was following really close behind me. So I continued my motivation..

“I hate lorries..”
“I hate my stomach..”

Mix.fm was kind enough to entertain me, so I sang along Wannabe (Spice Girls). Such a surprise I can still remember the lyrics.

It's 4.31am now and yeah, my stomach is still bloated. Lesson for everyone, if you don't want to feed your stomach, throw it away.

So basically what I am trying to tell you is that, I'm on MC today. Yeay!



p/s: I didn't drink Horlicks as being asked by the doctor.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

“K. I'm allergic to Ponstan,” I reminded the doctor so that I wouldn't have to turn into an alien with a bloated stomach. God, that sounds incredibly ugly. - ayat ni paling tak boleh blah.. haha.. degil.. bukan nk minum horlicks!

Anonymous said...

Ya, I did see someone in the mirror. It was my own pale face.part ni aku dah takbley nk blah. Hahaha aperkahh yu :P



KAN ORG DAH CKP. KANG KENE GASTRIK. Tak pepasal masin mulut aku smalam, grr. Cekik kang

@yU said...

Iena;
Terlupa nak singgah.. Pikir nak balik je. Dah kul 2 pagi lebih.. tak kuase la nk lepak2 minum horlicks sesorang plakkk.

sHa;
hahaha.. bis tuu? btul pe. muke aku je aku nampak. hehe.
a'ah masin mulut ko. gestrik teruk aku malam tu. haha.

id mar said...

nape x mkn ayoooo!!~~~ lau x mo mkn pun buat milo pls nex time. at least perot x kosong..


nway selamat berMC..huhu nk MC gk arr.. x sehat. achoo! achoo!!...

21 Closet said...

ayou.......... take care... jgn sampai masuk camera lam perot tao...:P

jom la p msb n sarawak... :S ... tabest tadek org wat lawak cem ayou... jom larghhhhhhh..... ble gegarkan plane nanti ... ble pow duit ayou beli kek lapis... jomzzzz....

@yU said...

hahaha ni apo cik2 SK ni pakat panggey ayoouu ni. :P

haa insyaAllah orang pi msb dgn sarawak.. :) ada rezeki, tak ke mana.

oit nak pau duti utk kek lapis??