Friday, September 28, 2007

Living in Reality.


My trainer once said, life is complicated because you complicate life.

She also told us,
God has given you every kind of helps He could give.. what's left is you yourself to decide whether you want it or not, whether you see it or you don't.

A lot of things she spoke yesterday before the office hours ended made me realized a lot of things I was not aware of.

She even told us a very good story.. I've heard about that long ago I didn't even remember anymore until yesterday.

It's about an old man who was very religious and believed in God more than hundred percent. He lived on top of a hill.

One day, his son came to his house. That guy came from a village below the hill. He told the old man that soon it's gonna be flooded and adviced that man to move out. But that old man said, "No, no.. I'm not leaving. I believe God will help me." So that young guy went off.

True enough, the next day the village was flooded. So was the old man's house. He could see people were trying to save their lives with their canoes and even old tyres. So that man prayed, "God, God.. please help me. I never forget you.. I always pray and believe in you." Later, a speed boat came to him to save him but he resisted. He said, "No, no.. I don't need to be saved by you cause God will save me." And so, the boat left.

The flood was getting deeper until the roof top so the old man had to climb up to the roof. He could see some people were drowning and most of them were already gone to a safer place. Thus the old man continued to pray, "God, God.. please help me. I pray everyday and never forget you." Later, a helicopter came to rescue the old man but again, he refused. He told them, "No, no.. I don't need your help because God will come and save me. It's better you go and save other people."

The flood got worse than ever and at the end of it, he died. He made it to Heaven and started to question the God.

"Why, God.. you didn't save me? Why, God.. you let me died but other people who did all the sinful things survived? I was very religious.. I prayed to you every single day and never I had forgotten you. But, why did you let me die?"

God answered, "I did helped you. I sent a young guy to warn you about the flood, but you didn't want to listen. Later, I sent you the speed boat when everyone was using canoes and old tyres, but you refused My help. My last choice was to sent a helicopter right away to you, but again, you resisted My final help. If I came down by all Myself just to save you, what do you think others would think?"

Well, basically that's the story.. To those who've heard bout this, I know it might not be exactly as it is, but what I'm trying to tell everyone.. just think what have we done for our God.. or at least, for our own's sake? God has given us brain.. enough for us to distinguish what's right and what's not. God has given us everything we could ask for, it's just that we don't even realize the gifts. We only see what we don't deserve.. we thought we need it, but in reality, we don't.

We even told ourselves, we're stupid.. we are going to fail.. we are not able to do this and that.. it's not even worth to try. We even said, we are ugly, we don't have fair skin.. we don't have ideal figures and heights.. life is not fair. Do you think such things really exist? God created us since we were born..when we were only babies. How many of us do realize, we can't even differentiate whether the baby is a boy or a girl. We can only guess by what it wears. Why on earth do you think most of baby clothes are white, blue and pink?

Just come to think of it.. we have neglected so many things and we don't even bother.

No comments: