Monday, August 04, 2008

A weekend to remember.



Ok time to talk about Wajadiri tournament and my trip to JB.

First n foremost, of course I would like to congratulate MMU team for their excellent achievement. Below are the categories they won:

Menangkis Serangan Tongkat (Male) - Silver.
Hero : Yussamir.
Crook : Ezwan

Menangkis Serangan Tongkat (Female) - Silver.
Hero: Fa Nadia.
Crook : Cma.

Menangkis Serangan Kaki (Male) - Silver.
Hero : Ezwan
Crook : Syazlan aka Lan Rock.

Persembahan di atas Papan Sekeping (Female) - Bronze.
Hero: Fiena.
Crook : Elya, Cma, Ina, Amni, Fa.

[photo removed]

We, the supporters wore yellow attires which was absolutely cool. Sometimes we looked like Maybank employees, but most of time we looked like Digi Mascots. Hahaha. I didn't have any yellow dress or shirt so I had to buy a new piece on the same day we went to JB.

We arrived UTM at around 1 am. UTM is soooo wide, there was no signboards to lead us to the hostels and we were lost quite a time but Shidi was great enough to find the blocks. Ah.. I was so exhausted because I barely ate that day (only had my breakfast and a light snack for dinner). I went straight to bed as we needed to wake up early to see the tournament.

[photo removed]

Anyway the tournament was held successfully but I noticed the participants were much lesser. After it ended, me, kak Mar and Melal followed Zura who was staying at his brother's house in Masai. We managed to drop by at Bern's house (nearly cancelled though, as we were rushing for a formal dinner that night). Tercapai jugak impian nak pergi umah ko, Bern. :) Thanks for granting my wish. The noodles and 'lengkong' (yeah, takmau sebut agar2 dah.. lengkong sounds better. hehe..) were delicious. I didn't know Bern has such a *ehem* jambu *ehem* brother, pretty sister and definitely a very very lovely mother (I love talking with old people, I don't know why).

[photo removed]

We spent only half an hour or so at his house, then we had to rush back to Zura's house cause it was very late already. So yeah, we arrived late for the dinner but it was okay. The food was great.. Eee.. ada tempe, taufu goreng.. my favourites! Kitorang disajikan dengan persembahan zapin oleh kanak-kanak (they're not just children, they're state champions).. sangat comel!! Seeing their performance, I couldn't stop squealing and grinning. I wish I could share with you the video but my streamyx sucks so bad I can't open youtube. Maybe I'll try something else, we'll see if I have time (read: I never got time).

The next day (Sunday), we went to several places. I was glad I joined Melal's car instead of MMU bus cause we had more time to go wherever Shidi brought us (Shidi is Johorian and he was incharge as our tourist guide :P ). Edi provided us walkie-talkie so that we could communicate easier (without being charged of course). We laughed like crap while in the cars because Snapi, Edi and Faiz couldn't stop talking nonsense and cracking silly jokes.

[photo removed]

I don't remember my last time visiting JB so I couldn't tell how different it was from my last visit. We stopped by and visited a few places including this one place Shidi used to 'merendek' haha. We also visited his former school, one of Rumah Persatuan Silat Cekak Hanafi and Shidi brought us to his granny's house (nice Mee Bandung!). I won't forget how me, Faiz, Kak Mar, Kasim and Melal laughed into tears because of the stupid jokes Faiz and I created. Sorry Shidi if we were too noisy. And sorry too that you missed it. :P While driving around the village area, Edi, Faiz and I couldn't stop feeling like we were in Manjoi (it's Faiz's and my village. And all three of us are Perakians). It looked a bit like the same atmosphere. I felt a little homesick but nevermind that.

[photo removed]


To sum up it all, I had a great time in JB eventhough the next day I fell sick. Haha. I bought a pair of new shoes, little teddies for people I care for, and a small cushion! My personal thanks to Edi and Faiz for teaching me about new animals I didn't know they exist. Haha. And also to Melal, for being generous enough to reserve a seat for me in her car.

Enough for now. I need to go home early as I feel so dizzy and woozy (come on, I skipped only a few medication demmit).

Till then.



p/s: more photos will be updated later. [too lazy]

No comments: