Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Reaching out for the rainbow.


When US is busy making their choices for their new President, Malaysians are busy clapping hands, celebrating our PM's decision to finally step down.

The shocking news about Pak Lah stepping down in five months time might be a good news to most Malaysians especially to those who only know to yell and shout as loud as they want as everyone believes he did almost nothing to the country.

Don't get me wrong as I am neither his supporter nor hater. I have only human feelings towards this one guy who deserves our respect, regardless whether you are against him or not, he is still our Prime Minister.

I never felt he did nothing to our beloved country yet I never thought everything he did was right. After all, he is just a human; a grandfather to his grandchildren. He is a man with a good heart.

At times we are being cruel to certain people we hate. It's not wrong to hate someone when you have a reasonable reason but we tend to refuse to think wisely over our decisions. We refused to listen to opinions againsts ours especially when we think we can never be wrong.

But, Pak Lah listens.

This is what you do not have, the ability to listen.

I believe almost everyone is satisfied with his decision to step down sooner than we thought he would (eventhough later than Tun M thinks he should).

I don't really care when he wants to raise the white flag, because I see what is waiting behind this.

The thing is, I have doubts with his replacement, DS Najib. I don't think he would make any major different when he becomes the Prime Minister. But yes, I do hope I am wrong.

My concern is always about my own race.

Always.

Because of this fella called 'politics', Malays hate and accuse each other.

Even if PKR or PAS takes over the government, I dare say Malaysia would never be a better country if we, Malays keep behaving so selfishly and being so narrow minded.

As I always said, take the fact and swallow it hard.

No comments: