Friday, May 15, 2009

Life in the slow lane.


I was a Maxis user for seven years. Prior to that I have tried other lines which I can't even remember the names since they no longer exist.

The most expensive simcard I've ever bought belonged to Maxis which cost me RM200. Those days, simcards were freaking expensive and Maxis was the most wanted yet the most unaffordable one. But I lost it since I lost my handphone. I still remember the number though, 0122374912.

Then I bought another Maxis number which I've been using for years until now. I can say I was a loyal customer. I never complained. I barely cursed Maxis.

Eventhough I kept hearing other people denouncing Maxis, I continued using it. There was never a tiny bit of remorse or intention to change my line.

Then more and more people advised me to change to Celcom. Lower rates, they claimed. Better coverage, they said. I still said no, until my brother bought a new Celcom number. He still uses his Maxis at the same time.

I asked how's Celcom? He told me things I've heard.

After giving a thought, I said why not? Maybe it's time for me to change. I never heard much compliments from Maxis users after all.

So using the exact same number, I moved to Celcom.

Maybe because I had been a Maxis user for a very long time, I felt a slight guilt. Especially when I received a text message from Maxis once I changed my line saying, "We acknowledge your request to move. Thank you for being with Maxis and we hope to serve you again in the future."

I had difficulties to get used to Celcom. Even now. When I went to Celcom center to change my line, the guy who assisted me advised me on nothing. Fill up the forms, make a photocopy of your IC, wait for a few days for your new simcard to be activated, you're done, go home. I did ask a few questions. A lot actually, anything that crossed into my mind. But I didn't ask about the service; how Celcom serves me. What are the good things they offer.

No one advised me what's the code to dial just to check my bill and payment. I haven't found out on how to set my caller ringtone, I don't know what Celcom offers the best compared to other lines. I went to its website and there are only craps. Maybe I didn't dig much further, but hey a good website is supposed to assist you by only a few clicks. I just can't stop comparing it with Maxis. I am not saying Maxis website is bloody good though. I am able to tell whether it's a good website or not in a technical view so don't snort. That's just a tiny part of my degree.

I asked a few friends whether Celcom has a speed code I can dial so I can check my current outstanding because Maxis has. I could check my outstanding, my unbilled amount, my last payment and my bill due date whenever I want. It's free. I asked them whether Celcom has the same application. Most of them said, "Dunno." My brother gave me one string of numbers to dial, and he said you'd get charged per message you receive. Thinking there's no option for me, so I tried. Yet I never received that message he was talking about and I've no idea whether I was being charged or not.

Friends, please advise me if there's any FREE option I can use. Calling call centre is my last option. Mind you, I've been calling call centres like it's the reason I was born. Just for the record, TMNet has the lousiest call centre ever. Oh, don't make me start.

Last week, my first Celcom bill arrived and I was not happy at all. First, I forgot for all this time, I hate blue. And how come they claimed Celcom has lower rates when my bill is much higher than my previous Maxis bills when it is not even a month time yet? The bill states the charges on my usage starting from 20th April until 27th. That is like eight days, and here comes the bill? Just because it's end of the month already? And I have to pay RM80!! I see two monthly fees, for that particular eight days plus another duration which is from 28th April until 27th May. What the fuck? What is today's date? What date I received the fucking bill last week? And I just don't fucking get it why my bill is up to RM80. The total monthly charges is RM66.67 and that does not include my call charges. So what the fuck the fixed monthly fees are for?

I started to use Celcom since 20th April and now I've to pay for two monthly fees. What the fuck is wrong with Celcom? Why can't they use billing date? Say like 20th April until 20th May, then send out the bill?

Maybe I'm a new user so I have no idea what I'm talking about. If someone can advise me nicely, please do.

I'm going to wait for my next bill to come and then I will find a way to have Maxis to serve me back. But yeah, my expectation is high this time for my upcoming bill as I know I'm gonna get charged a lot higher since I made like 50 calls per day for the past few weeks including to Singapore. So yeah Celcom, you better charge me wisely.

You don't make me proud like other Celcom users. Not at all.



No comments: