Monday, February 28, 2011

Burung biru dan ikan paus.

Biasa tengok burung biru ni?






Mesti biasa kan? Kalau tak biasa, sila pergi ke sarangnya di Twitter.com. :)

Sedar tak sedar.. sebenarnya dah hampir 11 bulan saya guna Twitter ni. 

Niat asal?
Cause my bestie, Fieza was using it and then Sha joined Twitter. I took a little while before joining it cause at first I couldn't get Twitter's idea. Biasa lah, benda baru kan. Apa hal pulak burung biru ni nak buat kat alam maya ni kan.

Bila aku google pasal Twitter.. they say it's a microblogging. I am a loyal blogger (see how many years I've been posting in this blog =P ) so when they came out with Twitter, I was like, "How the hell am I going to tell my stories in 140 characters? That's stupid."

But since my besties have it, I couldn't help but decided to join it at last. I stared at the timeline and after a minute I said to myself, "This is so not my thing." I have only 10 tweets for the first month (subscribed it on April 6th, 2010).

First tweet :
"Ouuhh.. I just joined Twitter without thinking. So hmm..what should I do with it?"

Followed by these tweets in the same month:
@dreamfight3r yes, please stalk me. hahah.
swimming classes can really kill. tiredddd~~ n hungry.
@dreamfight3r happy birthday, sweetie!
every night, i came back feeling tired and exhausted... ouuuu dear.
i hate my hair cut...
i hate chelsea.
it's freaking hot today. i'm burning.
aaaaaahhh... i hate my job!!

All in all, it was crap talking, obviously. Well, till now to be frank. But slowly I had lots of friends started to join Twitter and we started to tweet like crazy. Sometimes we spammed our timeline with replies. I'm sure it bothers lots of people who follow us but rest assured, that doesn't happen too frequent. I suppose. =P

Kenapa aku cakap omputih plak ni..

And now, I almost can't live without it. I love Twitter more than Facebook. I can basically let out my thoughts, frustrations, asking things from friends, share good information, keep in touch with friends, in a very simple and effective way. Since I'm using a smartphone, tweeting becomes a thing I do regularly. But I never tried tweeting while pooping though. Pooping needs a lot of concentration. And sometimes, hard work.

Anyway,

I've seen lots of scenarios in my timeline. Aku pun tak faham kekadang. Like someone disliking other people's tweet. Seriously, you can always unfollow whoever you want to. But some of these emotional people they tend to feel mad with the tweets in their timelines. Unless kalau someone tweet isu yang agak kontroversi, membangkitkan kemarahan ke.. atau menyebabkan kebuluran sehingga pengsan ke.. then it's fine, I can understand that. But just because you personally dislike their tweets, you can't just start throwing your tantrum at them. 

It's quite subjective on this topic to be frank. Like spamming for example. There are tweeters who like to spam a lot. Either by their own tweets talking on random things, or celebrities replying numerous fan tweets at one time, or retweeting lots of stuffs..

I'm just human. I dislike some of the tweets sometimes. But I'm following 117 tweeters as to date, thus I can always ignore those tweets that I don't like. I never felt like wanting to express my uneasy feelings to them either directly or indirectly.

It's your right to express your feelings but you do have a better option I believe? Like unfollow them, for instance?

Aku tak pernah lah ditegur hal macam ni but I see this thing happens quite a number of times. Why can't you just unfollow them rather than creating a scene in the timeline? People will certainly judge by how you tweet. Some people really don't care. I know.

I did unfollow some of the celebrities like Pak Nil cause he replies his fan tweets like hundredssss of them in one time, whenever he's free. It's not like I don't like him, I do. But when one's tweets are mostly replies, you'll feel a bit sick of it. So I decided to unfollow. Aku pernah lah nampak ada fan sound Pak Nil spammed their timeline by the replies. Pak Nil jawab, tak reply kang kata sombong. Memang betul apa. Tak reply kata sombong, bila reply, kena sound pulakkk. Habis tu?

Unfollow je la dol, kalau sakit mata sangat nak tengok.

Lagi satu kisah tweeter yang rasa kecik hati bila orang unfollow dia. Ada yang marah. Ada yang frustrated gila. Come on laaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

Suka hati lah diorang nak unfollow ke follow ke. Best sangat ke Twitter kau kan..

People unfollow because of many reasons:
1. tweets kau mostly takde kaitan dengan dia. not interesting to them.
2. tweets kau kosong. takde kebaikan untuk dia.
3. tweets kau terlalu banyak replies.
4. tweets kau tak best.
5. tweets kau terlalu emosional.
6. saje nak reduce tweeters yang dia follow sebab bila follow ramai sangat, timeline macam bullet train, bak kata Imran Ajmain (he follows back his followers, mind you. But in my case, he followed me first).
7. ataupun, kau tak tweet tweet.

Banyak lagi reason lah. But I think those are the main reasons why people decided to unfollow.

Aku tak keep track lah siapa follow/unfollow aku. So far I only have 180 followers. Agak magik sikit sebab selalunya orang-orang kebanyakan ni, dia follow lagi banyak dari orang yang follow dia. But I don't really care about the figure on my followers cause half of it I believe are bots.

Bots tau ke tak? Alah malas nak explain la. Haha.

Twitter used to be a very harmony place. People tweet with manners. Sekarang ni susah nak cakap. The users are increasing and they joined with different purposes.

I really hope we can still respect each other eventhough there are times when you feel like flushing the tweeters' heads when they tweet something you hate or make you feel offended.

So friends, kalau nak cari aku dengan cepat dan mudah, sila cari di Twitter, bukan Facebook. Haha.


Isn't this RIDICULOUSLY SEXY?!










(Credit to Tumblr for that hormone-twisting photo and whoever owns it... and the man.. oh certainly the baby as well.. and the Xbox joystick of course..and..)



No comments: