Monday, September 22, 2008

Climb up the stairs if you're not willing to stand on the ground.



It's always a wonder when someone you know that well stop talking to you and start acting awkwardly.

Even though you didn’t say to me directly, your mind is readable to me. I know what you’ve been thinking, what you’ve been judging towards my outlandish behaviour.

I know it’s intolerable, impractical and utterly petulant. I know you are aware I’ve been throwing such a cold treatment to you particularly, not to anyone else even though we’ve been friends since the year we were not even eligible to vote yet.

I am not being judgemental but I think you are missing something valuable that I’ve been treasured for long since the day we declared ourselves as friends, the true you.

You know I never like a person who knows-it-all except Hermione Granger. I really appreciate things you are willing to share. I do value every single help you offered to me and I perfectly know that you’ve been meaning to help without foreseeing anything in return.

Yet, I don’t like how things are expressed to our friends. You always left out one simple course of action before you speak out, that is to think wisely. How much you hurt them is how much I feel tortured by just listening to it. The closer a friend is to you, the more things you take for granted.

It’s never wrong to make jokes to cheer people up. But how bad the joke is that matters. You’ve been cracking jokes and denounced other people as if you are the only creature who is utterly perfect.

No, you are not even close to perfection – this is why I am still your friend.

The more things you know, the more flaws you’re building up in you.

Until when you want to rely on me rectifying wrong things that you’ve been doing?

I never cared so much when you said things that I refused to listen because I know you so well and I know why you’ve been saying those things, whether you really meant it or didn’t. I’m prone to hurting by you. I’m prone to your style of talking sweet things that never came out from your heart earnestly. I’m prone to your habit of making me your medium of teasing just to see how far I could take it, whether in the end I would finally give it up and you get the chance to scream, “Yes! I did it!”

Maybe you don’t see what I see. Maybe you never thought how hard it is to just be your damn friend. Maybe you think I appreciate our relationship so much I wouldn’t even dare to think how wonderful it is not to be called your companion anymore.

You are right.

I can never say I want our friendship to end. It would be one of the hardest things to say. What am I without you? Without your laughter and company?

This is the plain reason why I’ve been so mean to you. Ignoring and pretending like I have nothing to say to you as if I don’t realize you are looking at me, waiting for me to share stupid jokes or make fun of myself just like I always did. Instead, I simply walked off without a word.

I know it hurt you, so much it hurt I spoiled your day. But I am not willing to allow this feeling of hatred towards you begins to pile up from day to day especially when we meet.

I don’t have the courage anymore to be telling you what went wrong. I am tired of being so outspoken and harsh to you eventhough you always prefer that way. Thus, I’m leaving this for you to figure out yourself.

Just... stop hurting my friends.





No comments: