Monday, September 22, 2008

Raya Entry : Roll Date Cookies.



I'd like to share with you one of my favourite Raya cookies. I'm not much into dates, so I found these cookies have been a good reason for me to eat them. I had a few experiences making these cookies, but please be reminded I am never good at baking. LOL. Anyway, roll date cookies are easy to make. Trust me. :)





Ingredients:
50g cornflour
100g Nestle Corn Flakes, finely ground
200g butter or margarine
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
30 seedless dates, cut in halves
1 egg for glazing

Method:
1. Sift together plain flour and cornflour. Stir in Nestle Corn Flakes. Mix well and set aside.

2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence until fluffy. Add egg and beat well.

3. Fold in flour mixture and mix well until soft dough forms. Roll dough into one cm thickness and cut into 3cm x 1.5cm rectangles. Place half a date on dough and roll.

4. Place dough on lightly greased baking trays, allow room for spreading and glaze with egg yolk.

5. Bake in preheated oven at 180ÂșC for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let it stand for 20 minutes.



Credit to NST

No comments: