Friday, July 16, 2010

Sunshine after the rain.



"So macamana rasa duduk dengan family?"

Soalan lazim.

Ada beza. Sudah tentu.

Tapi yang paling ketara, tiada lagi rasa sedih nak tinggalkan Ipoh untuk pulang ke Seri Kembangan. Itu paling best. Tiada istilah "pulang bercuti" sebab aku sememangnya di sini. :)

Can't wait for Ramadhan this year.. Hari-hari berbuka dengan family. It's something I had been dreaming of. Dulu, bila iftar, selalu keluar berbuka dengan kawan-kawan. Best jugak. Tapi makanan semua dibeli. Biasanya keesokannya sakit perut. Takpun alergik. Kadang-kadang letih kerja, berbuka di rumah saja. Sorang-sorang pun selalu. Sebab malas nak keluar. Penat. Pastu jarang sahur. Bangun pun sekadar minum air masak. Dengan mata terpejam. Janji dapat berkat bersahur jadi lah.

Sini lunch truly heaven. Tapi aku je lah dapat rasa ke-best-annya. Setiap hari ibu drop by, hantar lunch. Percaya tak? :) My mom is a teacher. Dia kerja sesi petang. So sebelum ke sekolah, dia singgahlah hantar lunch since I complained once about the restaurants in front of my office charge unreasonable price. Memang pun. It's like two times more expensive than Cyberjaya Terminal food court. Aku memang anti dengan orang berniaga tak jujur ni. Tahu nak kaut untung lebih je. Kalau makanan berkualiti, aku takde lah nak question sangat.

Lagi, of course I meet my mom everyday which is truly a blessing. Nah, her nagging can't do much to my ears. My immune system tolerates it better than drugs.

My office is not far from my home. Around 10-15 minutes journey, depends on how many times you hit the green lights. Tak boleh nak speed lah yang pastinya. But of couse, less hassle. Abah cakap, "Pagi-pagi roundabout ni jem ni." But I didn't buy it. Dah biasa tempuhi queue panjang kat flyover SK tu.. yang kadang-kadang bila balik, boleh mencecah sejam lamanya. Sampai aku pernah tertidur laa. True enough, there's no traffic jam. 200 metres queue, you can't take it as a traffic jam, unless it's not moving. But the drivers here are a bit weird in driving. Tak faham aku. Main masuk je, especially at the roundabout. They don't care. And, they're slow. Slow. Slow..

Food. Ah.. I can't run away from food when I'm living with my parents. Susah beb makanan berjaga ni. Patut lah ramai lelaki yang sekeping, bila dah kahwin terus jadi boroi. Since I can't really avoid food (it's mom's cooking, what do you expect?), I need to have an early dinner before Maghrib ends. That's the best practice I can do. Haha.

My own bedroom. Not the one you're renting. It's different. I can finally say, this is my bedroom, I can do whatever I want. And it's big enough for me cause it's the same size with the master bedroom. Tapi belum susun betul-betul lagi. Haha. Nanti lah. Plenty of timeee... Tahun depan je aku pikir. Hahaha.

Tapi ada satu habit dalam rumah ni yang tidak bagus untuk diamalkan. I believe I started it first. Sometimes, when I want to ask my brother something, say like "Kat dapur ada cucur." I am too lazy to go to his room, it's quite far so normally I'll just text him. Or sometimes when I'm in my room, I called my mom who is in the living hall near the kitchen when I had something to ask. And when my sister is here, we communicate via Twitter or YM eventhough we're in the same house cause we can't just shout. Tak dengar punya. Bad practice, isn't it? I know.

So what am I lacking here?

A lot. Still.

Entertainment. Cinemas here are freaking lousy. We definitely need a new one lah.. dah lama sangat la cinema kat sini. Tak best langsung. I think you can find the worst GSC here in Ipoh Parade. But the tickets are old price.. cheap.. RM6.. RM7.. Perhaps the most is RM8... compared to Pavillion.. RM12. LOL. And no good spot for karaoke session! As far as I'm concerned. Bowling? Bleh.. But they have a few good gyms here.. but no, they're not FF, TF or CF. I'm still looking for a good place to swim. Yang ada pun jauh lah.

Shopping. Trust me, I won't do my shopping not until I go down to KL. Except for a pair of shoes or simple dresses.. Perhaps online shopping is much better than here. MPH sini tak best okay. Argghh I miss Kinokuniya, my heaven on earth.

And no, they don't have Carl's Jr here. Burger King baru ada few months ago.

I'm still adjusting myself with the local dialect here. It's not that I'm not used to hear it, but hearing it everyday is totally a different thing. When my aunts are talking to each other, I was like "Hah? Apa tu?" Some of the words are still too jargon for me. Same thing happens to my staffs when they talk to each other, cracking jokes. Tapi diorang tak pekat lah. Acceptable. Tapii bila aku try cakap balik, kena gelak.

What else..

Curfews! Definitely. But yeah, I'm a good girl lah.. Mana pernah balik after midnight. Kah kah.

And the biggest thing that I'm lacking right now is my own privacy. Haha. I'm so used to be stuck in my room doing my own thing alone but it's not practical here. I can never lock my own room. No more naked moment haha. And, my mom is always trying to read my emails and smses till I had to change my phone's lock code. It's not that I don't want to share anything with her.. it's just sometimes some things you'd like to keep them to yourself.

And guess what, I don't get to choose what to wear to office anymore. My mom does. There was one time I was too lazy to wear baju kurung so I just wore regular office attire and she saw it and came back into the room bringing 4 pairs of baju kurung to choose from. So yeah, of course I had to change my attire.

Ah well speaking of which, this is the biggest transformation so far. Haha. Dulu dalam setahun, ada lah 2,3 kali je pakai baju kurung. Pastu bila pakai, confirm kena tegur apsal rajin hari ni pakai baju kurung. Sekarang, hari-hari pakai and I don't have any issue on that. But seriously, I don't know how long I can stick to this. We'll see. Haha.

Oh looks like I need to buy more baju kurung lah.. I don't have many. Mostly  baju kurung saya adalah baju-baju raya okay. Oh well, I certainly know the best place here where to find the material with a good price!

Ok time to go. Lunch time is almost over. Today is Friday, we have two hours lunch break but I was too lazy to go home. Lagipun kat rumah takde sapa. Ada kucing je.








2 comments:

uncle said...

home sweet home :)

@yU said...

yah totally.. :)