Tuesday, August 02, 2011

More Potter!


So okay what is Pottermore?

A place where only Potterheads want to be..

Okey well here's another definition.

Pottermore is a unique online reading experience created by J.K. Rowling and built around the Harry Potter books. Share and participate in the stories, showcase your own Potter-related creativity, and discover additional information about the world of Harry Potter from the author herself. --- Pottermore.com

This is like online HOGWARTS! Where you need to get sorted into houses and score points. Cool heh? :)
JK Rowling - the first author ever to become a billionaire.

The site will be opened for all on October 2011. But one million people will be chosen to have early access to the site. Registration for Pottermore.com will begin on July 31, Harry’s birthday. The first one million people to complete their registration, which also includes an “online challenge,” will gain early entry into the website.

You may think one million is like a high chance for you to get the early access. Think again. :)

7 books, 7 days, 7 chances.

Each day for seven days, from 31 July to 6 August, we will be placing a clue on the Pottermore homepage to help you find The Magical Quill. There will be a new clue every day, and each clue will relate to a different book in the Harry Potter series. On Day 1 the clue will relate to HARRY POTTER and the Philosopher’s Stone, on Day 2 the clue will relate to HARRY POTTER and the Chamber of Secrets, and so forth. The clues will also vary in difficulty. On Days 1-3 the clues will be harder, and on Days 4-7 the clues will be easier. -- Pottermore.com

On the first day, my bestie Fieza was lucky enough to get into time where they released the first clue and she managed to find out the answer and found the magical quill. It only took two hours for users to grab their chances till all the allocations were taken up that day. 

Yesterday I was hoping to get my chance to get the early access, so I kept refreshing Pottermore while doing my work, till I had to go back at 4pm. Yet still the second clue did not come out. I kept reminding Fieza to inform me if she knew once it's released. I went home, lying down on my sister's bed, asking permission to use her laptop. (No, actually I didn't really ask, I just sort of took her laptop and typed in "pottermore.com")

I continued refreshing the web like million times till I felt sleepy and finally dozed off for a few minutes when the clue came out! I still didn't realize this but I woke up and wanted to continue sleeping on my own bed. But my heart didn't feel right so I checked my Twitter and Fieza was already buzzing me.


I was like "OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!" and quickly ran with my wobbly legs to my sister's laptop and there I saw the clue yet I was like, "WHAT IS GRYFFINDOR? WHAT IS HUFFLEPUFF? WHAT THE HECK IS QUIDDITCH? WHO THE HELL IS PROF MCGONAGALL?! WHAT LANGUAGE IS THIS?"



Mental block that was.


I was sure Fieza was screaming on top of her lungs, "AYUUU I THOUGHT YOU'RE A POTTERHEAD!"

Yet she replied,


 And she was losing her nerves waiting for my reply,



I couldn't decide whether to focus on my Iphone for my Twitter or my sister's laptop for Pottermore hence the delay. And so I replied quickly,



And then she was quiet for like fifteen seconds, and I went, 




 Hahahahaa.. Two Potterheads went nuts.

And then she asked me to choose my username..


I was like,
WHA?

I was torn between NimbusBlood and MistRose before finally chose one of them which I regretted it right after Fieza registered the name for me. 

But that's okay. Oh well, Thanks to Fieza, I got my own account for early access to Pottttttterrmoree!!



The registration closed within one hour. Yep. Told you it isn't that easy. One million heh? That's like 3.5% of elves population in the wizarding world.




No comments: