Monday, July 20, 2009

Which one would you like to taste : Cruciatus Curse? Imperius Curse? Or the Killing Curse?



On second thought, perhaps Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince isn't that bad at all.

I went to watch it again for the second time with my buddies, shinizzle and padfoot. I felt like I did enjoy the movie. Very much. With all the humours, I think HBP is a great movie. Perhaps I already had my expectation and I already knew what to expect, so yeah, it didn't dissapoint me as it did when I first watched it.



I really like Tom Felton (sorry, padfoot). His acting is quite brilliant. Unfortunately there are not many scenes on him. I'm still not satisfied with Dan Radcliffe. He should do something with his acting skills. Still need to brush up a bit more. Sometimes it's pretty dull. I'm so not satisfied with the scenes where he casts Sectumsempra upon Draco. Scream, Dan. You should scream out of your lungs, honey. SECTUMSEMPRA! Not, Sectumsempra! and Draco would be like, "I beg your pardon?"

Do you think JK wrote it in capital letters because she accidentally hit the Caps Lock button?

*patting forehead*

And do you know how bad Sectumsempra is?

"Blood spurted from Malfoy's face and chest as though he had been slashed with an invisible sword. He staggered backward and collapsed onto the waterlogged floor with a great splash, his wand falling from his limp right hand. "No —" gasped Harry. Slipping and staggering, Harry got to his feet and plunged toward Malfoy, whose face was now shining scarlet, his white hands scrabbling at his blood-soaked chest." - HBP.


It's more than what it shows in the movies. There should be long deep cuts everywhere on the body. At least the shirt should be torn you know.. so erm..we could see the cuts...

Something like this!



The thing I hate the most about this movie is how David Yates turned this movie into some kind of teenager's love story? It's so immature. I know the book shows that their hormones have gone wild but no, that's not the motive of the book, okay? You should be focusing more on Dumbledore's death, my dear Yates! I didn't cry at all! Mind you, I cried like a rainstorm when I read the book! I was so broken hearted, I was so furious with JK, it was just unbelievable how I could break into tears just by reading a children book.



There's no such plot where Harry and Ginny ends up kissing in the Room of Requirement. Their first kiss happens when they win the Quidditch cup when Harry is not allowed to play (is he? I can't remember, I haven't read the book over a year). It happens in the common room at Gryffindor Tower, when Ginny marches towards him to give a hug instead Harry kisses her.

Oh don't make me start.


The Potion book which belongs to Half Blood Prince (how can they translate it into SEPARA DARAH??!) remains with Harry even after he is asked to return the book. He just switches the book cover so everyone thinks he has bought a new one.



The scenes where the Burrow being attacked by the Death Eaters do not exist in the book. Yates might have reasons why he prefer to add up those scenes and left out some of the plots from the books instead. But I realized some of the scenes are brought in to alert about the upcoming final movies (yep, the last book will be separated into two movies and yep, the gap is one year between each movie). I kinda like the scenes though, they made me anxious. I was really hoping to see Ginny would cast the Body Bind curse, it's what she's best at but sadly Yates couldn't read my mind. Oh well, he always disspoints me. I'm used to it already.



Just for additional info for those who don't read the books, Half Blood means one of the parents is a Muggle and another is a wizard like Voldemort himself (is this considered as a spoiler? Oh well nevermind that). Pure blood means both parents are wizards, like Draco (yummy.. I mean, wow..). As for the ones whose parents are Muggles, they're called Mudblood. Like Hermione. Hahaha. No, they're Muggle-borns.

The humour I like the most is when Professor Horace Slughorn is trying to steal the *Tentacula's leaves, when he says, "Harrryy~" and Harry who looks like sort of 'drunk' by Felix Felicis answers, "Sirrr~~?"

It was hilarious by how Harry reacts.

So what are you favourites?

The moment Ron falls of the sofa at Professor Slughorn's office?

Or the awkward moment when Ron comes and sits between Harry and Ginny at the Burrow?



Or the moment when Lav-Lav (Lavender Brown) goes mad with Won-Won especially at the hospital wing?



Or the moment when Harry and Ron are having their leisure time loitering at the hallway and get noticed by Prof Mcgonagall?

They're all my favourites actually. =)

In my next entry, I'll be sharing with you something interesting. I'd like to post it now but I'm just too sleepy and my neck is aching.

Oh well I'm sorry if this Harry Potter thing is a bit too much. Can't help.




Note:
Tentacula or Venomous Tentacula is a green, spikey, toothsome plant with mobile vines that try to grab living prey. Venomous Tentacula expels venom from its shoots, and its spikes are poisonous. Its bite is highly poisonous.

This dangerous plant is used for student research in Herbology classes at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Students are permitted to swear loudly if a Tentacula tries to strangle them during lessons.

Venomous Tentacula seeds are Class C non-tradeable items. Fred and George Weasley purchased Tentacula seeds off Mundungus Fletcher in 1995 for their Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes products. Tentacula seeds emit a faint rattling noise even if they are completely stationary.

During the Battle of Hogwarts, Neville Longbottom and Pomona Sprout used Venomous Tentaculas as a weapon against invading Death Eaters. (in final book)




Credits to HarryMedia and whoever own the photos.




2 comments:

21 Closet said...

biase laa ... dari dulu mmg buku lagi best ...

sangat tak best movie .. rooogieee tengokss...

part ron jadi keeper pon kurang ...

@yU said...

hehehe.. itu mmg undeniably true..
buat movie ape pun, selalu buku lagi best.. pelik kan? knape words boleh sampai cerita lg best drpd gambarajah (apekah?).

patut masa diorang sorak ron! ron! tu gune la fave phrase diorang, "weasley is our king!"