First and foremost, I do not celebrate Xmas. In fact I don't think Santa can afford to get me all my wishes. So I have a new year wish list. It's pretty ridiculous though, but these are things I really wish I could have or planning to have. I can't afford most of them in a short time, but it's not impossible to own them. Well, I have one year to get to the budget, right?
I hate cars. Cars are beautiful, I admit. But they can never seduce me, not yet. So none of them will be in my wish list. Instead, I love gadgets. I think they're perfect. I mean the functions, the design, the feeling you get when you touch it.. the sensation you feel when it's in the palm of your hands. It's... seductive.
So yeah, most of the items in my wish list are gadgets. The problem with gadgets is the evolving technology. It's really fast. Sometimes it's too fast people can never chase it. People like me, who can always dream to have one but seldom actually get to have one, you know?
If only money is not a problem..
So anyway, let's get down to the list, shall we?
1) The first item at the top of my wish list is definitely a PSP. I've been longing to buy one for years, but I kept postponing it because I managed to control my lust. Hah! So yeah, I think it's about time for me to have one, I can't hold it any longer. However it's still a battle between PSP 3000 and PSP Go. PSP Go is like love at first sight to me, it's hard to get beaten down by others that could be much better than it. I know it's smaller than PSP 3000, probably that's the only weakness that has been bothering me to not stop comparing with PSP 3000 but the functions and the new slide design blind me. Oh helppp~~
Oh wait, smaller means it's easier for you to carry it around, don't you think?
The price : RM1100++
2) Iphone 3Gs.. I'm in love with it ever since I saw it. The thing is I already have my Samsung Pixon with 8 megapixel camera and so far it has not given me any headache yet.. except the trouble I face when I'm driving while texting (so it's illegal, I know) but Iphone definitely will give the same problem.
I still wish I could have one, but as for now, let's stick with my loyal Pixon.
The price : RM2600++ for 16gb (I think, I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong)
3) Samsung Portable HDD 500gb. Oh well, if you really ask me specifically, I would rather go for 1tb. But the size of 3.5 and the fact that it needs external power supply make me think harder. I'm not sure if I can get any 720gb Samsung but I believe it's out there. Anyhoos, I'm gonna get one by end of this year I think. Magico (read: my lappy) is running out of space and it's really critical, it only has 26gb left. Haha.
The price : RM330 (for 3 years limited warranty)
4) Let's go for something non-gadget. Hmmm.. lemme think. Oh let's be a little feminine, Ayu. My all-time favourite perfume, Miss Dior Cherie.. the second one. I still love it no matter how many other perfumes I smelled. Even the third edition failed to impress me. But it irritates me cause it's the most expensive among the three. The first one, oh I freaking hate the smell. The third one is just-ok.
The price : RM309 for 100ml
5) Olympus Pen E-P1. Finally, here comes the vintage looks I've been waiting for ages! The functions are not bad at all and yes, it can produce vintage photos on the spot. Uh I'm so loving it. But it's too pricey for me for a camera.
The price : RM3800
The price : RM4000++
The price : RM260
8) LG LH70 32" Full HD LCD TV completed with Astro. Oouuhh.. hell yeah..what a beautyy~ I don't watch Malay dramas, I always skip local tv programmes except the News. Basically, I don't watch tv that much. But I love watching sports especially football and that's the reason why I need a large screen TV and Astro. Ever since I moved to the new house in Seri Kembangan I barely had the chance to watch even one game and I think I'm dying..
The price (for the LCD alone) : RM2899
9) Something non-gadget please. A new wardrobe. Haha. My current closet is crashing so yeah, I need a new one really soon but maybe next year.
10) Last but not least, a GPS. No specific brand. Perhaps Garmin? I'm lousy at remembering routes and I always go with my instinct and sub-conscious mind when I'm driving and it's quite based on my luck and my two-and-a-half-decades brain. So yeah I truly need a GPS so that I won't have to print the Google maps to somewhere I've never been to before.
The price : Around RM700+ for a good one.
The list still goes on... but I think ten items are more than enough to be one damn good reason for me to break my piggy bank.
Oh by the way, I'm organizing a Xmas Gift Exchange Day for my department.. (ever since I joined the department, I guess I can't stop organizing things. Blergh~)
And do you know what I asked for a gift?
A good one, just so you know.