Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Blast from the past.


I'm on MC today because of medication allergy. Again.

It was just Panadol. Can you believe it? Ok well I do know that I'm allergic to paracetamol but I was so not well this morning thus I decided to take two tablets of Panadol during lunch hour.

To be frank, normally Panadol didn't do anything bad to me. Only once or twice I had the allergy. But this time, it was pretty bad I had to leave the office and went to the clinic.

I went into the consultation room and said, "You can see it on my face. I'm having allergies." My face was swollen.

"What did you take?"

"Panadol," with a silly tone being sarcastic to my ownself.

"It says you're only allergic to Ponstan?" the doctor asked referring to my medical record with the clinic.

"Ah.. before you give me anything, I think you need to update the record. Lignocaine.."

"Lignocaine you alergik?? Bius pun you alergik?" he cut me off.

I nodded and continued, "Prednisolone.."

"Prednisolone??" he cut me again.

"Yea..the steroid."

"That's the medicine I want to give you.."

"Cannot.. or else I'll be having difficulties to breath."

"Then what should I give you?" he asked me. Excuse me, who's the doctor here?

"I don't know," I said, making a funny look. "Normally they give me injections. Maybe you can give me one?" I suggested dumbly, while scratching my itchy face.

He was thinking hard. I knew perfectly what he was thinking.

"Semua ubat pun you alergik. I don't know what to give you.."

I knew by that moment he didn't want to take any risk. I started to doubt whether he is truly a certified general practitioner.

"Just.. give me something for my itchiness," I finally said. Hopeless doctor.

So he gave me two medicine for itchy. And something for swelling. And a pain killer. When the lady at the counter showed me the pain killer, I started to feel furious.

"Ni apa ni? Pain killer?"

The lady nodded.

"Ni Ponstan kan?" I asked sternly while pressing hard on the yellow tablets.

She nodded again.

"I'm allergic to Ponstan la!"

Nak marah, bukan salah dia. So aku sabar je lah. Nak marah doktor, dia kat dalam pulak. So far, Ponstan gives me the worst allergy.

"Dia nak Ayu mampos agaknye," I said to my friend who accompanied me to the clinic in front of the counter.

So yea I got my MC but I only left my office around 4.40pm. Haha. Serupa tak payah MC.

Anyway, tu lah dia kisah seorang doktor yang tidak best.

This Thursday ada Annual Dinner and Dance company aku. Tema baju, Blast From The Past. I am the Area Leader for my department, so Area Leaders ni incharge untuk hal-hal berkaitan tema ni la.. to encourage them to dress up, to update them on the info about the dinner, to provide them information on what to wear based on our theme because each department will represent different era.. etc, etc.

Department aku dapat era 40s lepas based on the draw lots. Memula aku blank betul la apa nak pakai. Lepas google dan buat research sikit, dapat la idea itu ini..I gathered and e-mailed it out to my department.

Lepas tu aku kena select pulak 4-6 people to participate in Battle of Departments.. Macam fashion parade, kena catwalk and do something creative on the stage while showing off our dresses. It's really challenging for me!! Al-maklum aje lah technical team ni macamana.. where all the nerds and geeks come into one place.

I didn't want to participate cause I want to give chances to other people in my team since I'll be doing a dance performance on the night itself so karang macam gila glemer pulak kan. At first dapat la 5 orang.. but one of them asked me to join also. I refused. Alih-alih 3 daripadanya tak dapat datang dinner tu cause they have to do year end support sampai 10.30pm. Aduii... tensyennye.

BAU manager tried to reschedule but it wasn't that easy so I understood.

Last minute, dapat la pengganti 3 orang. Itu pun jenuh la aku force.. pujuk.. encourage.. tunjuk gambar2 aku poyo try out this and that.. After I submitted their names to the social committee, they seemed to be excited on what to wear.

Tadi aku join my colleagues pergi amik suit dia dah sewa, John Travolta. Surprisingly lepas tu bebudak team aku pun sampai. Wooo.. this is a good sign. One of them even asked me what do we need to do on stage. To be frank, aku memang malas nak pikir part ni cause I thought they're not that sporting. Then they asked me to think what to do.

Biar betul..

Kan bagus kalau daripada awal sporting camni!!!!

As for my dance performance, yesterday's rehearsal was so much fun. Kitorang booked dance studio kat Cyberjaya Community Club tu so prektis kat sana lepas keje. Gila bes la.

Lepas tu lepak makan ramai-ramai.

Balik dengan kepenatan.. Kul 12 lebih tido.. kul 2 pagi terjaga.. Demam mengejut. Letih sangat kot. Pastu kepala macam nak pecah. Tak tahan sampai bangun, mencangkung tepi katil sambil genggam rambut. Hahaha. Saiko sungguh.

Ok lah.. itu lah cerita saye yang terkini. Sekiannn.

No comments: