Sunday, June 22, 2008

There goes the glory, but I'm staying with you.


It took me a couple of days before I could really type this entry. But I guess my friends have been wondering what I would say about last friday Euro match between Portugal and Germany. :P

It hurts. That says it all.

We watched at McD Equine and almost everyone was supporting Germany (including sHa who's a Holland's supporter then suddenly decided to join the crowd. dah~). I knew the whole 90 minutes (plus plus) would be excruciating.

I was upset and distraught. I could barely say anything after the game and I went straight to bed. I was a little traumatized and had nightmares. The next day I went to work, my officemate didn't dare to say hi to me as she usually did until I talked to her about something. After lunch I was a bit okay and I asked her how did I look in the morning and she said, "Masam.. Masam sangat!"

Get over it, you might say. Well, I'm trying my best.. but I think I'm feeling better now. Especially after last night's match between Holland and Russia. I just realized that something I said to sHa had been true so far.

"Both group winners of A and B have lost, like they were cursed or something. Would Holland be next?"

And it turned out to be true. But I'm not a superstitious person. I believe it's more like a coincidence, but I'd prefer saying it more like a curse. Haha.

I am glad I don't remember much about the game which I intentionally refused to remember. But how could anyone forget our Best Actor of the match, Mr Cristiano Ronaldo faking his injury after pausing for a few seconds to wait for the referee to look at him? It was the dumbest thing I've seen so far in Euro 2008. I wish I could slap his face and break his ribs so that he learns how injury truly feels. You, Mr Ronaldo, has humiliated your own country! I am fucking ashamed of your behaviour.




To me, man of the match is Michael Ballack. He outshined during the match. While Bastian Schweinsteiger scored the best goal. Deco was good too. Honey, you've tried hard enough *hugs*. I would always want to say he's man of the match cause he tried more than Cristiano and Nuno did. His performance is blasting and to me (as well as to other football fans), he's the best Portuguese player in the tournament (ah well, please excuse the fact that Portugal is his adopted country). And I must say, one of the reasons I like him best is because he's one of the greatest midfielder I've ever seen.

But if I say Deco is man of the match, certainly you would say, "Ah.. she likes him, that's because!"

I'm being professional, see.

I was truly frustrated with Simao, Ricardo and Carvalho. Simao was one of Portuguese best players and he hardly did any attempt. Ricardo, well to be frank, I never liked him in the first place. Portugal obviously needs a better goalkeeper. While Carvalho, he was supposed to cover Ballack. So were the other defenders but what the hell they were doing? Hula dance? Or simply Joget Lambak?

As a whole, Portugal played well (thanks to Postiga, Nuno Gomes and Deco). It's just Germany was better.. and bigger! They are so tall.. I felt like chickens playing basketball with turkeys. Ballack clearly proved height is one of their best advantages when he scored the third goal.

Last night's match between Holland and Russia started pretty dull. I yawned a few times and my eyes were half closed until Russia made the first attempt to shoot a goal. Then only the game went a little exciting. But overall, the first half was boring.


Andrei Arshavin, making a slap-me-for-being-cute face after scoring the third goal.


I certainly had my respect towards the Russians. They played unbelievably good. They created more chances than the Dutch. Therefore, I believe they deserved to win.


Ruud Van Nistelrooy facing a hard time after the match.


Whatever it is, I already have 17 McD Free French Kiss Fries coupons (already redeemed 1 and gave out 1). I'll give some of them to my friends since I'm not really a big fan of fast foods.

"Let's go home and make cupcakes. They don't hurt."


Credit goes to Euro 2008 Official website.

No comments: