Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Heartache.

I dropped by at the clinic to collect my blood test report. Budak kaunter tu suruh masuk jumpa doktor but I said, "Nevermind. Biar I tengok sendiri."

I saw my WBC and platelets count are still abnormal. In fact, my white blood cells show the highest reading I've ever seen in my lab results. Yet eventhough my platelets are high, it's not the highest reading so I felt so relieved. I was pretty ok with the result because I did not expect any improvement but I hoped they are not too high than before.

Under the film section, I saw quite a number of abnormalities detected.

"Many ovalocytes seen.. Some stomatocytes seen.. Some polychromatic macrocytes seen.. There is a moderate leucocytosis.. There is a moderate bla bla.. There is a mild bla bla.. The neutrophils show bla bla..." and so on.

I was like, "Ok.. apsal banyak sangat ni?" Berkerut-kerut aku membace istilah2 perubatan ni. Haha.

Last-last aku cakap, "Saya nak masuk jap jumpe doktor."

"Dr. Vasuki takde. If you nak jumpe dia, you datang esok. Sekarang ni doktor lain."

"Takpe lah. Tak kisah."

I went in and oh God, the doctor.. he was like drunk! His eyes were so red and he couldn't sit straight and his head went dancing left and right and left while reading my result.

Sambil membaca, sambil mencebik.. then tengok aku. Dia ni kenapa? Lempang kang.

Then die geleng-geleng, "Don't worry.. It's slightly high.. Did you get any blood infection lately?"

Ko tanye akuuuu??

Then he was like mumbling "It's ok.. Nothing serious.."

"Nothing to worry?" I cut his words.

"Ermmmmmmmmmm... Yeaaa.." he answered while his head dancing again.

I was like screaming in my head, "YOU ARE LIKE THE WORST DOCTOR EVER."


Anyway, Thomas Cup is now started. Ada kekawan ofis yang tapau lunch dan makan kat pantry sambil layan piala Thomas. Pastu pukul 3 kang.. ade la yang curi-curi tengok jap.. then tadi Malaysia start lawan pukul 6 lebih.. terus stop buat keje, gi tengok.

"I won't claim OT. Just assume now I went back already," my friend said while watching the game. Haha.

Anyway, sedikit teguran kepada semua rakyat Malaysia.

Mungkin team negara kita tak sekuat dulu. Mungkin team kita banyak kelemahan. Tapi harap bersikap terbuka lah sedikit. Sport minded kena ada. Bila team kita kalah, kenapa kita suke mencemuh dan mengkritik? Masalahnye, korang tu bukannya bagus pun! Wakil negeri pun belum tentu, ini kan wakil negara!

You're putting too much pressure on our national team. Sedih tengok supporter kita ni yang suke mengutuk dan menghina team sendiri bila kalah. Rasa-rasa kalau Jepun kalah tadi, rakyat Jepun akan cerca team diorang tak?

Sikap orang Malaysia ni kadang-kadang terlalu emosional dan tidak matang. Kalah dan menang tu kan adat pertandingan. If you put yourself in their shoe, you would know how much pressure they are having. Kite tak tau tapi kita cukup lah pandai memberi kejian.

Bawak-bawak bertenang dan muhasabah sikit. Ko tu dah tua kot!



No comments: