Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Those sparkling little stars.

I was sitting on a sofa in the middle of a corridor, waiting patiently for my name to be called by the nurse.

There were kids and families everywhere. I bet most of the pediatricians are in that level. Kids were running in front of me.. so did the nurses.

I took out my phone, trying to find any WIFI available.

And then I overheard a conversation between a father and child who were sitting near me.

"..You need to take care of your teeth. So you must brush your teeth. Then girls will like you," the father said while pinching his son's cheeks.

The kid just giggled. Then he asked, "Then why mama don't like you?"

I was like, ok I am not supposed to hear this. So I continued pretending I was surfing the net via my phone. Looking busy.

The father was looking uneasy but he just laughed and said something I can't remember. I was really trying to lose my focus.

It was around 10 minutes before the speciallist clinic closed. I was still there, waiting for my immunologist to prepare my admission letter. Finally the father and his kid left the corridor along with other families until only me and one family left.

The chaos and noises from those little kids running up and down the hall were finally fading away. At one point, it became really quiet and there was this one little girl said, "Oh.. it's so quiet. Must be the angels passing by."

Ah.. I smiled to myself. Malaikat lalu.

It's been yearss since I last heard this sentence. I used to believe it.. but when I grew up I knew angels are always near us. They never leave us. They're more than us, in fact.

I realized being near to children always make us ponder over things.. especially our past.

I met my nieces and nephew last week and God, it is not easy to handle these kids. But that's what makes me miss them so easily.

When I first saw Danial who greeted us in front of the door, I noticed there was a scratch on his face. "Eh.. kenapa ni? Sapa buat ni, Danial?"

"Sakit.." he said while patting on the scratch, making a pity face. My heart instantly melted. I was told by his mother that he had a fight at nursery.

"Danial kalah sikit je... tapi menang," he said. Haha.. How's that supposed to mean??

Kids now are growing fast. My colleague told me about her niece who is aged 5 and already know how to read in English. And another colleague told me about her nephew.. This boy has so many interesting stories about him until I had to claim I am his biggest fan. There's one funny yet cute story.

Her nephew was learning on how to make riddles. His age is 5 I think.

"Do you know why 7 is stronger than 5?" he asked. My friend said "Don't know. Why is it?"

"Beeeecausee..." he said excitingly. "7 is bigger than 5! Got it, got it, got it?" while pointing his finger towards my friend and jumped happily because my friend was not able to answer.

How cute is that!!!

And then there's another story..

This boy is really smart so he doesn't like to do his homework. Instead he would do his cousin's homework who is two years older than him which means standard 1 homework.

So when his grandma asked him to finish his own homework, he said "You do the homework for me. I won't tell teacher, I promise."

Haha. I felt like kissing his plum cheeks when I heard the story.

Ok enough about kids. Gotta go looking for my meds.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sila update blog anda jgn sampai bersawang yer, nanti susah nk vacuum..saya allergic habuk...

@yU said...

haha baiklah! :)