Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trip to Langkawi

Recently I went to Langkawi with my family, my three aunties and my cousin to visit my grandpa who is not doing so well there. He has a chalet there so lucky for us we didn't have to book for our accommodation and transportation.

I moved to Ipoh on Wednesday and we went there on the next day. Perfect timing. :)

I don't quite remember when was my last visit to Langkawi before that but I am sure it was like years ago when I was still a student.

We reached Kuala Perlis around noon. Had lunch there, sort of a picnic because my aunties brought the food from home. Fuh..sungguh bertuah berjalan dengan orang tua ni. Then we took a ferry from there around 3pm. The ferry was not full and we sat at the top level. Me and my cousin changed our seats and sat at the back. Layanlah cerita Syurga Cinta.. dah pernah tengok cerita ni. The journey was around 45 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

Then we waited for my grandma to pick us up and went to the chalet. My parents and aunties were already exhausted at this time. So, I decided to go to the pool to swim with my sis and cousin. Felt good though, it's been awhile since I last went for swimming.

The chalet was really nice and comfy. My grandma said only foreigners usually come here to stay cause it is promoted only via the Internet. I checked the guest book and it was fun to read all the good reviews telling how much they enjoyed staying there. When we came there, no guests were around you know. She purposely closed the chalet for us. Ah well, there's a house tree as well. It was on top of the hill so being a forgetful me, I completely forgot to have a look. Stupid.

The next day we went shopping at Pekan Kuah. I tried to find a new pair of shoes since I only brought slippers (too lazy to tell why). But me being fussy is always the issue. Instead, my father managed to buy a pair for him. My sis bought some chocolates and 4 bracelets, my aunties bought some kain batik.. I don't remember what my mom and my cousin ended up buying. As for me, I bought a wooden jewelery box with 50% discount. Good bargain though. I don't really fancy shopping you know, one thing that is lucky being me.

And then we had to go back to the chalet cause my dad needed to go for Jumaat prayer so while waiting for him, we took a nap. Hehe. And then we went out again after lunch. We also went for a cable car ride. I did not have a clue it's that high you know. It reaches on top of a mountain! And there was a sky bridge on top there. I don't have any acrophobia but it did give me a chill when I was walking on the bridge especially when I tried to look down.

At night, we went to eat satay and seafood for dinner at Pekan Rabu. I managed to get myself a pair of shoes. Finally. We went home around 11 pm. Then I decided to try on the shoes and found out both are right sides and different sizes. How stupid is that? My family laughed at me really hard. It was just so frustrating. I am that careless, yes.

Early in the morning, right after breakfast, I insisted to go back to the shop to change my shoes. But the shop was still closed. Haha. So we went shopping again and my mom bought a comforter. I bought some chocolates for my brother but ended up got eaten by them in the car.

And then we went to Kilim Geoforest Park for a boat ride. My grandma contacted the guy there and asked for the newest boat. Cool. But we didn't even know that. We only knew once we were back to the chalet. Haha. Anyway, the boat ride was fun. We stopped at Gua Kelawar.. pastu tengok ternakan ikan.. kemudian lalu dalam gua buaya something like that.. pastu tengok helang makan. If you're going to Langkawi, make sure you try it. :) Sangat peaceful and relaxing. Tenang je. It's different from islands hopping. Don't be mistaken.

After that, then only I managed to change my shoes. Ah.. finally. When we were actually going back already. :P

We had our last shopping on Saturday morning, then headed back to chalet for lunch and then only we went to the jetty point. A quick shopping there but I didn't buy anything. I found a nice bracelet but I don't know why I didn't buy it. Only after getting into the ferry, I regretted. Aih.. nevermind that.

We reached Kuala Perlis around 7pm and suddenly our car showed the signal that battery is low. Abah did not dare to continue driving since it was a long journey. So we had to find a workshop around and most of them were already closed. We were already tired by then but what to do. Luckily Abah found a workshop that was almost closed and bought the battery.

Around 8pm we continued our journey and stopped twice at the R&R. Everyone was just so tired. We reached home at around 1 am I think. So tiring!


[photo removed]

Me with my mom while waiting for the ferry.


Ready to go. Abah already pening.


This is just acting. Trust me.

[photo removed]

Ok well.. this one too.


Mom and dad, looking so happy.

[photo removed]

Me with my cousin, Nurul. She's 24 actually. Doesn't look like one, right?


Abah : Diskaun untnuk warga emas takde ke?

[photo removed]

Mom is scared.


LOL at my mom. Her expression is priceless.

[photo removed]

At the peak.


I have no idea what the motive is.

[photo removed]

Me with my auntie.


We were doing some silly poses, but Abah just stood there with a blank face.

[photo removed]

Boat ride~


One of the breathtaking scenery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha tak sedar pun gambar abah kat Gua tu. Blank habis xD